When dealing with issues such as divorce, child support and visitation or domestic violence, it is important to have a Sarasota attorney who will serve as a strong advocate for your position. At the Law Office of Eric A. Reyes, we understand how difficult these issues are and we are prepared to assist you in any manner that is necessary to preserve and protect your rights under Florida law. As a former assistant state prosecutor, Attorney Eric Reyes has over 20 years of experience dealing with complex legal issues. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with a Suncoast family law attorney.
Hiring a Port Charlotte Attorney to help with divorce
Under Florida law, there is no requirement that “fault” be found with a divorce. The process is known as a dissolution of marriage and may be filed as a no-fault if the relationship is irretrievably broken. However, there are other issues that must be dealt with as part of the divorce proceedings including:
- Property division – the longer a couple has been together, the more complicated this may be. The marital home, pension and retirement accounts and other property must be equitably divided between the partners. In addition, debts of the marriage also need to be addressed and in cases where both partners work and have joint accounts, this can be very complicated.
- Child custody and visitation – often one of the most challenging issues to deal with during a divorce is the custody of the children of the marriage and ongoing visitation rights for the non-custodial parent. Florida policies dictate that both parents, except in extreme cases, should share responsibility for the child and a parenting plan is typically part of the divorce process.
- Support and maintenance payments – non-custodial parents are still responsible for contributing financially to the upbringing of their children. Additionally, the court may award alimony payments to one spouse depending on a number of factors.
Issues involving family law are never as easy as they could be since emotions are running high and there is often a great deal of disagreement over issues. Some of the family law issues that Attorney Eric Reyes, P.A. can assist with include:
- Child custody and visitation issues
- Child support and alimony payments
- Help for those who are domestic abuse victims
Call us today for all of your family law needs and let us serve as your advocate. We provide family law services to clients throughout Florida’s Gulf Coast in Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte Counties